SCVQA Marin Retreat Policy
SCVQA Marin Retreats are held twice yearly, usually in March and November depending on the available dates. The cost is per person and includes all meals, sewing facility and lodging for three days and two nights. We are currently holding retreats at the Headlands Institute in Marin. The Headlands Institute is a private non-profit organization dedicated to providing educational adventures in nature's classroom to inspire a personal connection to the natural world and responsible actions to sustain it.
- Retreaters must be current members of SCVQA.
- Checks are to be made out to SCVQA and sent to the Marin Retreat Coordinator.
- Signups are first come first served and usually fill up fast. Watch for announcements in the newsletter and at monthly meetings.
- March Retreat signups start in December.
- November Retreat signups start in June.
- Cancellation Policy: A Full refund will be made if the cancellation is more than 30 days before retreat date. If the cancellation is less than 30 days from retreat a refund will only be given if a replacement can be found either from the waiting list or from an announcement at the meeting.
Marin Retreat Coordinator's Process for fees
- Collected checks will be turned in to the Treasurer at the monthly meetings by the Marin Retreat Coordinator.
- A contract is issued to SCVQA after the date has been obtained and when our President signs the contract for acceptance, a 25% deposit is to be sent in with the contract. The balance of the monies is due 45 days before the retreat.
- Insurance must be obtained to cover our liability while at the facility in Marin and is currently being issued by State Farm Insurance.